Crotalus tigris

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crotalus tigris

Post  Stephan9268 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I ll be getting a pair of the wonderfull species of crotallus tigris in june and now my queston for the scientific experts on here . It is known that crotallus tigris along with C.pricei is one of the most hard to breed species of the crotallus family , can anyone explain to me why and how to fix that ?
Stephan9268

Back to top Go down

Re: Crotalus tigris

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:24 pm

To me breeding is more about trial and error with any species, what may work for one person certainly doesn't mean someone else will have the same results,but breeding any reptile is always down to husbandry in my view and what we do know about a species and what we don't,breeding any animal you have to get environmental factors in place.Wet seasons dry seasons cooling its never a quick fix.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://herptofauna.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephan9268 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:30 pm

I totally agree with you there and maybe i formed my question wrong , obth crotallus species, tigris and pricei but more tigris have been known almost impossible to breed in captivity but it has been done by a handfull of people so i am wondering what they have done what lots of other well expirienced breeders done wrong or what it might be that makes this species so hard to breed ?
Stephan9268

Back to top Go down

Post  The Herp Father on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Stephan, there really is no way to put this delicately.these particular species are somewhat known to be 'difficult' breeders I think more of this is due to humans not understanding the optimum environment for the species that they are keeping and too many mistakes being made in their captive care. That being said, in my experience scientists much less other breeders will be very forthcoming about how they do things as most scientists look on herpetoculture with somewhat of disdain due to the lack or respectability on the herpetoculture side. Commercial breeders will not reveal this information as they want to corner the market for their interests. Its a simple matter of economics.
The Herp Father

http://www.reptileapartment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum