Cutting eggs!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cutting eggs!!

Post  Admin on Thu May 03, 2012 5:34 am

With the laying season here and hatching season around the corner, a topic that comes up a lot is egg cutting. it seems fairly uncommon to cut reptiles eggs where I am from in the UK...the only people that cut seem to be the people working with high value snakes to me personally this seems to be a mixture of impatience and making sure none of their expensive hatchlings drown. I was quite shocked when I seen people doing this on Youtube, but it seems common practise among some reptile breeders?...for me i believe nature knows best. I feel if a baby is too weak to make it out of the egg they were not meant to survive. Better to allow it to pass away peacefully in the egg than pull it out and have to syringe feed it and make it suffer.What are your views on egg cutting is it really necessary ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://herptofauna.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cutting eggs!!

Post  The Herp Father on Thu May 03, 2012 4:20 pm

I completely disagree with egg cutting but that's not saying much as I believe that most breeders shouldn't be breeding in the first place. I have some pretty biased views on breeding as I view things from more of a passionate side of keeping rather than a dollar and sense side of things. I don't know hard to explain really. If you have the passion to research and recreate the reptiles natural habitat and share with people how to the reptile lives in the wild then yeah you might be ready to breed it but when you cannot recreate that natural habitat and or are unwilling to do the foot work yourself and search out short cuts such as egg cutting then its time to get out. Just my .03
The Herp Father

http://www.reptileapartment.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum