Venomoids !!!..void purpose or not ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Venomoids !!!..void purpose or not ???

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 am

I'll begin by saying that I'm against venomoids,What do you think of the person wanting a venomoid out of love for the species, but not for the risk? This person falls somewhere in between? The way I see it, if you are not able to look after any animal the way nature made it then don`t keep it. This is only my opinion, but I would not buy a lion then remove it`s teeth and claws because I did not have the confidence to look after it.

Do you think that if a person cannot take the risk, then that person should NOT keep a 'ven'?

whats your opinion on venomoids ?

please keep this thread friendly
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://herptofauna.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Venomoids !!!..void purpose or not ???

Post  Stephan9268 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

to keepthis freindly but direct , the answer is no . If you cant handle or are afraid of the risk of an venemous reptile you shouldnt be keeping one period , as the thread opener said allready i dont buy a cat and declaw cause iam afrad of getting scrachted . keeping animals of any sort is a lot of responsability and especially a venemous or dangerous one so you should be well prepared for it , being scred or not wanting to take the risk automaticly disqualifies you fo that then . thats my two cents

as for venemoids , i am otttally against it , not only is there severall reason these animals havethat capability alos is for at least some of em the venom bite necessary for there digesting system aswell , yes i know this hasnt been proofen hundred percent yet but the way it looks like and as said in several papers it sems to be a fact so removing the venom scks and the ability to inject that in to there prey doesnot only cause them the hurt of the removing part it also causes them a lot more problems in the longrun
Stephan9268

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_rhino on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:23 am

AGAINST it
not sure if you can handle it or affraid dont buy that venomous snake
even me as a survivor of 2 bites ( 1 puff adder , 1 cobra ) wouldnt change me snakes by removing the dangerous parts of a snake

mr_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephan9268 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 am

wow Johan you survived a puffadder bie ? what kind a cobra bit oyu ?
Stephan9268

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_rhino on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

Stephan9268 wrote:wow Johan you survived a puffadder bie ? what kind a cobra bit oyu ?

it was a naja kaouthia that gave me a very painfull left hand it was twice the size it suppose to be :S

mr_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:08 am

I remember this wasn't so long ago huh?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://herptofauna.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_rhino on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:54 am

Admin wrote:I remember this wasn't so long ago huh?

was somewhere in the last week of september last year Sad

mr_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephan9268 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:10 am

Wel oyu sure one lucky guy to survive to bites like that mate
Stephan9268

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotherps on Mon May 21, 2012 2:52 am

Venomoids may have their use in very special circumstances such as for some film / TV work / public museums..... Thankfully there are plenty of film crews who will work with fully functioning, intact venomous snakes. I do not agree with the way that people such as Mr Hoser butchers and then exploits snakes for his own personal financial gain.... nor the way he tries to use venomous bite cases to promote his venomoid snakes. I lost an old friend last year to a King Cobra bite and within less than 24 hours Hoser was posting on his facebook wall about how Luke would not have died had his snakes all had been venomoid! Those of us who work with venomous snakes know and accept the risks.

Hotherps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum