Herptofauna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu....

4 posters

Go down

"Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu.... Empty "Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu....

Post  VenomVyxen Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Getting to like you, Getting to hope you like me!"
[I apologize if you don't get the reference, but that song plays itself relentlessly in my head every time I make an intro post. Haha]

Hi! My name is Heather. It's been awhile since I've been -really- active on a reptile forum (now I only occasionally haunt DarkSideReptiles). I'm a Tattoo Artist/Freelance Artist in North Hollywood, CA and I have an immense passion for reptiles! I'm ceaselessly working to fuse my passions, so I am attempting to specialize in herp tattoos (in the same way Deano Cook specializes in marine life tattoos). If you're interested in my work, please contact me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'm also a painter (fine art) and exploring the art of Scarification/Flesh Removal. I've also been doing a bit of logo design lately for reptile breeders and groups (which I very much enjoy).
My reptile knowledge is based mostly on experience and personal research. My father got me interested in reptiles as a child and my favorite memories are of us going field herping together. In school I pursued any course I could regarding animals or biology. At 16 I got my first snake, realized how amazing a reptile truly was, and I was hooked. My first job (and many jobs after) was working the reptile department at a local pet store. I began taking my reptiles to elementary school classes for my old science teachers. That escalated into doing birthday parties, assemblies, then talks at nature centers, and even speaking to college students. I'm actually going to be doing my lecture at an ROP Program (that I took in high school) this week! I love to do this class, because many of these kids will be working in pet stores, so this is my opportunity to educate them on proper reptile care, and what does (and does not) make a good pet. I've helped and taken in a lot of unwanted/abused reptiles and I want to do my best to educate people.
My main focus now (besides tattooing) is wrangling my herps and arachnids for photographers and other creative media. I'm also attempting to learn proper herp-photography, myself. My long-term goals are to study herpetology (major in zoology and minor in biology) and exotic animal medicine (since, to my knowledge, herp medicine isn't it's own branch). I would LOVE to have an opportunity to work with crocodilians and study reptile behavior (focusing on crocs and wild tegus). I want to do more to help unwanted captive reptiles and eventually earn the opportunity to privately keep hots (specifically vipers).
Sorry if that was lengthy, it's nice to meet you!
VenomVyxen
VenomVyxen

https://facebook.com/TheVenomVyxen

Back to top Go down

"Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu.... Empty Re: "Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu....

Post  Stephan9268 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Welllcome Heather
Stephan9268
Stephan9268

Back to top Go down

"Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu.... Empty Re: "Getting to knowww youuu...Getting to know all about youuu....

Post  The Herp Father Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Heather, so good to see you here, I am sure we will be learning and sharing a lot of information here as well as in person as we share many aspects of the herpetoculture world. Welcome aboard and enjoy!
The Herp Father
The Herp Father

http://www.reptileapartment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Nice to meet you Heather and welcome to Herptofauna

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://herptofauna.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  VenomVyxen Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 am

Thank you for inviting me! Smile
VenomVyxen
VenomVyxen

https://facebook.com/TheVenomVyxen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum